Saturday, May 28, 2016

Pretty Baby

Pretty Baby


Pretty Baby
By: Mary Kubica
Published:July 28th 2015
380 Pages

About The Book:

She sees the teenage girl on the train platform, standing in the pouring rain, clutching an infant in her arms. She boards a train and is whisked away. But she can't get the girl out of her head...

Heidi Wood has always been a charitable woman: she works for a nonprofit, takes in stray cats. Still, her husband and daughter are horrified when Heidi returns home one day with a young woman named Willow and her four-month-old baby in tow. Disheveled and apparently homeless, this girl could be a criminal—or worse. But despite her family's objections, Heidi invites Willow and the baby to take refuge in their home.

Heidi spends the next few days helping Willow get back on her feet, but as clues into Willow's past begin to surface, Heidi is forced to decide how far she's willing to go to help a stranger. What starts as an act of kindness quickly spirals into a story far more twisted than anyone could have anticipated.

My Thoughts

I picked up this book based solely on reading the jacket. I had never heard of this author, or the story. Coincidentally, I had already purchased The Good Girl by this same author, but had not read it yet. It comes after this story, anyway. 

I was not reading a ton when I picked this book up, and it was one that I could not stop reading. It is utterly dark and creepy. It has a Girl on the Train feel to it, and almost as creepy as Gone Girl. It starts off innocent enough with Heidi seeing this teenager and her baby at the train station and then wanting to save them. But once they come into her home..... it is crazy and twisted. If you like thrillers, you will want to read this book. I had to take a week off from reading after I finished this one because I got so worked up over it. In a good way :) 

5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment