Saturday, May 28, 2016

Come Away With Me



23569705



Come Away With Me
Karma Brown
Published:August 25, 2015
368 Pages


About The Book:
One minute, Tegan Lawson has everything she could hope for: an adoring husband, Gabe, and a baby on the way. The next, a patch of black ice causes a devastating accident that will change her life in ways she never could have imagined.

Tegan is consumed by grief, not to mention her anger toward Gabe, who was driving on the night of the crash. But just when she thinks she's hit rock bottom, Gabe reminds her of their Jar of Spontaneity, a collection of their dream destinations and experiences, and so begins an adventure of a lifetime.

From the bustling markets of Thailand to the flavors of Italy to the ocean waves in Hawaii, Tegan and Gabe embark on a journey to escape the tragedy and search for forgiveness. But they soon learn that grief follows you no matter how far away you run, and that acceptance comes when you least expect it.

Heartbreaking, hopeful and utterly transporting, Come Away with Me is an unforgettable debut and a luminous celebration of the strength of the human spirit.
 

My Thoughts

I found this book based on a recommendation from another blogger. This book really surprised me. I felt like I was kind of reading and reading and reading, and getting more and more irritated with Tegan. I get, she just went though and awful misfortune, but at the same time I wanted to yell at her to get up and get on with life! I don't usually get like that over a book, but this one really struck a nerve.  At one point I felt so frustrated, I was thinking I wouldn't be finishing it. But then I decided to power though. OH.MY.GOD! I am so glad that I did. I blinked, and in an instant my feelings about this book were entirely different and I could not stop reading. This was a book that kept me up way past my bed time. 5 stars for this one, and anyone who reads it will not be disappointed!! Karma Brown, I can't wait to read more of your stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment