Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Walking Disaster by Jamie Mcguire

Walking Disaster (Beautiful #2)
By: Jamie McGuire
Paperback, 433 pages
Published on April 2 2013 by Atria Books

Summary from Goodreads.com: "Can you love someone too much? Travis Maddox learned two things from his mother before she died: Love hard. Fight harder. In Walking Disaster, the life of Travis is full of fast women, underground gambling, and violence. But just when he thinks he is invincible, Abby Abernathy brings him to his knees. Every story has two sides. In Beautiful Disaster, Abby had her say. Now it’s time to see the story through Travis’s eyes." My Review:

I was hesitant to read this book. I'd read the first book, Beautiful Disaster, and loved it. Did I want to chance ruining that by reading the male's perspective? Eventually, I did. I'm very happy that I did.

I will usually check reviews on books, and one for this book jumped out at me. Someone gave it 1 star, starting it was the first book just recycled..... That fueled my fire to read it.

I do recommend reading the first book prior because there are some parts of Abby and Travis's story that get glossed over in this book.

I felt like the beginning was a bit shaky. Between both books I never understood the cardigan and pearls reference cause it only came up once. Abby trying to cover up her past... It didn't really come across that way to me. Travis of your typical bad boy with a good natured side. He is easily someone from my own past. He's lost, jumping from girl to girl, drinking and fighting. His temper really would have turned me off instantly but it's almost part of his charm.

Abby is strong willed, stubborn and has some anger of her own. As many times as these 2 break up and make up by the end it can drive you crazy, as the reader. I find myself saying, can you guys just get it together???? In both books!

I won't give it away, but this is really a great book. And so back to the recycled review.... Yes a lot of it is recycled, but coming from a different perspective. It just shows you that 2 people can go through three same exact situation and have different experiences. Personally, I do like getting the other POV. It adds depth to a story. In this case you really get to understand that Travis has walls built up and it helps to understand the first story a little better.

This was a 4 out of 5 star read for me. Keep them coming, Jamie! I love your work.

No comments:

Post a Comment